Jerusalem Township Spring Brush Chipping Begins Monday, May 1st
Jerusalem Township Roads Department will conduct a Spring Brush Pickup resulting from routine tree maintenance or tree trimming done by the home owner. The program is NOT intended as a means for homeowners to dispose of entire trees.
Place brush at the edge of the roadway by 7am on Monday, May 1. Brush put out after May 1, may NOT be picked up.
• Each home may neatly put out one stack of brush
• Cut ends facing towards the road
• Stack pile no higher than 3 (three) feet
• Limbs less than 15 (fifteen) feet in length
• Limbs smaller than 4 (four) inches in diameter
• No thorns of any kind please.
• DO NOT TIE, BUNDLE, OR PLACE ANYTHING IN PLASTIC BAGS as it clogs chipper
• Brush only, bushes will only clog chipper
• No building supplies, metal or concrete
• Tangled brush severely reduces the ability of the crew to complete its scheduled route and MAY NOT BE PICKED UP.
• Small clippings, hedge trimmings and twigs will NOT be chipped.
• We ask that you put the smaller items out with the Unlimited Garbage Pick-up on May 20th.
The Township reserves the right to refuse pickup for those properties not complying with the above guidelines. Residents/property owners are responsible for removal of all non-compliant items.