June 18th Unlimited Garbage Pickup Update
Unlimited Pick-up / Spring Cleanup
The Jerusalem Township Unlimited Pickup / Spring Cleanup is scheduled for June 18 – 19, 2020 (on your regular trash pickup day).
The guidelines for the pick-up include the following:
- This pick-up is for Jerusalem Township residents only.
- All small refuse must be placed in containers strong enough to hold the weight (i.e. plastic bags, cans, and/or boxes; but must weigh less than 50 pounds).
- Appliances containing freon; such as refrigerators, freezers, water coolers, air conditioners, and dehumidifiers, must have a valid certificate of freon removal attached to the appliance. Contact any heating and cooling company for this service. It is against the law to place a refrigerator at the curb without removing the doors.
- All items to be collected must be placed at the curb in a neat and safe manner so as not to pose any danger to the collectors or other residents.
- All trash must be at the curb by 6:00 am on the Spring Clean Up date or it may not be picked up. Please do not place materials to the curb more than 24 hours in advance of the Spring Clean Up date.
- Prohibited Items: Tires; concrete or major construction debris; auto parts; piles of dirt and/or sod; extremely large items including, but not limited to: boats, cars, engines, motorcycles, snowmobiles and pianos; hazardous materials including, but not limited to: gasoline, fuel and motor oil, paint thinners, pesticides, medical waste, etc.
- The Spring Clean Up is for household disposal, not contractor disposal.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Republic Services Call Center: (800) 234-3429
Weekly Garbage Guidelines
Jerusalem Township’s solid waste collection provider, Allstar Disposal & Recycling is now part of Republic Services.
Pick-up days continue to be Thursday and Friday. Thursday will include Teachout & Turnau Roads and all residents east of Teachout & Turnau Roads. Friday will include all residents west of Teachout & Turnau Roads.
Allowed Amounts: 3-32 gallon bags or cans Toters are available for an extra fee, contact customer service
Pick-up Time and Holiday Schedule
Please have garbage out by 6:00 a.m. on your pick-up day. Pick-up times will be from 6:00 a.m. – Sunset.
On holidays, pick-up will be delayed one day.
Holidays that will affect your pick up are:
- New Years
- 4th of July
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day.
All other holidays are on a regular schedule.
Customer Service Information
To schedule a bulk item, pick-up, report a missed pick-up, or for any other questions or concerns please contact our Call Center at (800) 234-3429.
Missed pick-ups, scheduling bulky items, making payments and other Customer Service issues:
Republic Services Call Center: (800) 234-3429
Republic website: www.republicservices.com
Bulk Items Hauled & Fees
Below is listed the standard “Bulk Item List.” All Bulk items must be scheduled and paid for with the office. Bulk items will be picked up on your scheduled garbage removal day, unless otherwise arranged. Bulk item pick-up is $22.00 per item:
- $22.00 – Standard Grill and Propane Tanks
- $22.00 Wood (no longer than 4 ft. tied and bundled, no heavier than 30 lbs. per bundle) – up to 4 bundles
- $22.00 – Carpet (all carpet must be bundled in sections no longer the 4” & taped, please no heavier than 30 lbs.) – up to 10 bundles
- $22.00 – Carpet Padding up to 10 bags or bundles
- $22.00 – Deluxe Grill, Toilets, Vacuum Cleaners, bicycles
- $22.00 – Washer, Dryer, Hot water Tank, Dishwasher, Stove, Refrigerators (doors removed and emptied), Humidifiers, NO COMMERCIAL APPLIANCES
Due to bed bug outbreaks, please wrap all mattresses, box springs, and couches/chairs with plastic and duct tape closed.
- $22.00 – Table & Chairs, sofa (no sleeper) & loveseat
- $22.00 – Sofa Sleeper, Sectional Couch, Mechanical Chairs
- $22.00 – Twin or Full Mattress and box spring
- $22.00 – Queen or King Mattress and box spring
- $22.00 – Christmas Trees (Dec-Jan)
Bulky Pick Up Guidelines
- White Goods – washer, dryer, hot water tank, dishwasher, stove, Freon items such as refrigerator with door removed, air conditioner (NO COMMERCIAL SIZED APPLIANCES), humidifiers, dehumidifiers
- Furniture – Tables, chairs, sofa, love seat, bed frames/box spring/mattress (Mattresses and upholstered items wrapped in plastic with duct tape to ensure safety of workers due to bed bug outbreaks)
- Carpet and Padding (must be dry, rolled and tied in 4-foot sections no heavier than 50 lbs.)
- Grills – propane tank removed
- Lawn Mowers – must be drained of oil and gas. NO RIDING MOWERS
- Paint Cans – Latex paint must be solidified before collection, use kitty litter or sand to solidify. Place at the curb without the lid on the can
- Storm doors and windows – glass must be broken out of frame and placed in a hard container of small box taped and marked “BROKEN GLASS”
- Swing Set – Broken down – No Poles over 6 feet
- Vacuum Cleaners