The Zoning Inspector’s Office Hours are Wednesdays from 1:00 to 6:00 PM.
June 3, 2020 Zoning Board Meeting – MORE INFO
June 4, 2020 Board of Zoning Appeals Meeting – MORE INFO
Linda Rossler was appointed Zoning Inspector for Jerusalem Township in January 2015. Linda is a graduate of Clay High School and Ohio University with a BS/MS in Education. In 2015, she retired after 30 years in the education field most recently at Jerusalem Elementary
Items to Bring to the Zoning Office for a Zoning Permit
- A set of prints for the project
- A site plan of the property. Please show the following: length and width of property; setback from the road for all structures; front yard, side yard, and rear yard setbacks; location of each field and well; distance of leach field and well from all structures; dimensions of all structures; and setbacks, from all roads, of each structure.
- Call the Lucas County Health Department at (419) 213-4100 to determine if PIE (Property Improvement Evaluation) is needed. Zoning permits cannot be issued without this documentation.
- Check or Cash for the zoning permit. New residential construction permits are $40.00. Most other zoning permits are $35.00 apiece. For example, a person wishing to build a house, garage, and a pond would need three permits. Therefore, their fees would be $80.00. More complex zoning issues have higher fees.
- If you are not the owner of the property, then you must present authorization to act on their behalf.
- If you have any questions regarding zoning, please contact the Zoning Inspector at (419) 836-4510. The Zoning Inspector’s office hours are on Wednesdays from 1:00 to 6:00pm or by appointment.
- Please contact the Zoning Inspector, at (419) 836-4510, regarding the process to obtain a commercial zoning permit.
The Zoning Commission Board meets on the first Wednesday of the month at 7pm in the Township meeting room. The Township Zoning Commission shall have the following authority:
A. Initiate proposed amendments to this Resolution;
B. Consider, review, and recommend all proposed amendments to the Board of Township Trustees;
C. Consider, review, and approve or deny on all site plans;
D. Consider and review all proposed Special Uses and make recommendations to the Board of Township Trustees.
Members, Alternates, and Term Expiration
- Chris Fleitz – Term expires 2021
- Tim Titgemeyer – Term expires 2021
- Nancy Downes – Term expires 2022
- Dean Dickerson – Term expires 2023
- Brad LaRue – Term expires 2024
- Jennifer Shepherd– Alternate
Board of Zoning Appeals
Meeting dates are on an “as-needed basis” and are advertised in the Metro Press. The Board of Zoning Appeals shall have the following authority:
A. To organize, adopt rules, hold meetings and keep records as required by law.
B. To hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is error in any order, requirement, decision, or determinations made by the Zoning Inspector in the enforcement of this Resolution. This includes hearing and deciding matters of interpretation of the provisions of the text of this Resolution and the “Official Jerusalem Township Zoning Map”.
C. To authorize, upon appeal, in specific cases such variance from the terms of this Resolution as will not be contrary to the public interest, where owing to special conditions, a literal enforcement of the Resolution will result in unnecessary hardship, and so that the spirit of this Resolution shall be observed and substantial justice done. No variance shall be granted except in conformance with the provisions of Section 2604 of this Resolution.
D. To all the construction of more than one (1) main building on a single parcel unless specifically permitted in Section 1605 – Supplemental Regulations.
List Members, Alternates, and Term Expiration
- Jim Barron – Term expires 2025
- Butch Berger – Term expires 2021
- Richard Carstensen – Term expires 2022
- Barb Gall – Term expires 2023
- Sandra Pegler – Term expires 2024
- Jason Box – Alternate