Zoning Board Recruitment
Purpose: The purpose of the Jerusalem Township Zoning Board is to maintain the Zoning Resolution in the best interest of the Township and it’s residents.
Membership: The Zoning Board is made up of five (5) members and up to two (2) alternates. The five members each serve a five (5) year term. The terms are staggered so that no more than one expires each year. The Alternate positions are two year terms and staggered so that one term expires at the end of each year.
Zoning Board Applicant Requirements:
- Must be a Jerusalem Township Property Owner
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- There are no current, pending, or unresolved zoning citations against the applicant or any property owned by the applicant.
- The applicant agrees to attend monthly meetings and stay abreast of current issues within the zoning department.
- The applicant agrees not to miss more than 2 consecutive monthly meetings.
- The applicant possesses attributes and talents that would benefit the Township.
- Serve as ambassador for Jerusalem Township.
Zoning Board Duties:
- Initiate proposed amendments to this Resolution
- Consider, review, and recommend all proposed amendments to the Board of Township Trustees
- Consider, review, and approve or deny on all site plans
- Consider and review all proposed Special Uses and make recommendations to the Board of Township Trustees.
If you are interested in serving on the Jerusalem Township Zoning Board, please contact:
Jerusalem Township Zoning Inspector
9501 Jerusalem Rd Curtice, Ohio 43412
Office: (419) 836-4510
Fax: (419) 836-6508